1. Where can I board one of your cruises? We are located in Kailua Kona at the Kona Pier which is at the North end of Alii Drive and the south end of Palani road.
2. Which Island are you on? We are on the Big Island of Hawaii in the village of Kailua Kona. Kona is located on the leeward side (west) of the island.
3. How soon should I make my reservation? It is always best to make your reservations well in advance for all your activities.
4. Where will I find free parking? You will find directions to a free parking lot just one block away from your check in point on our Map & Directions page.
5. Do you have transportation available? Yes when you book directly with Blue Sea Cruises we automatically upgrade your reservation to include transportation. We will pick up at any of the resorts along Alii Drive but you must make your transportation reservation with your tour booking.
6. What if I purchased my reservation through another activity vendor, will you have transportation available for me? Yes we have transportation available to you from any of the resorts along Alii Drive for an additional charge of $15 round trip.
7. If my resort or hotel is not on Alii Drive, can you still provide transportation for me? Yes we transport from Waikaloa Paniola Greens and Waikaloa Kings Shop at an additional charge of $25 round trip providing we have enough participation.
8. Do you guarantee Dolphin sightings on your Glass Bottom Dolphin Adventure? Yes, we do. It is a rare occurance but if we do not see dolphins on the Glass Bottom Dolphin Adventure you can come again free of charge. The offer will be good for one year. Exception: Cruise ship passengers I am sorry but there will be only one opportunity to show you our dolphins as your ship will depart the same day. We are sorry but there are no guarantees for cruise ship passengers but we promise to do our very best to see that you do get the opportunity to see our Dolphins.
9. Do you have a guarantee for Whale Watching? Yes, we do. It is a rare occurrence but if we do not see Whales on our Whale Watch Dolphin Adventure you can come again free of charge. The offer will be good for one year. Exception: Cruise ship passengers I am sorry but there will be only one opportunity to show you our Whales as your ship will depart the same day. We are sorry but there are no guarantees for cruise ship passengers but we promise to do our very best to see that you do get the opportunity to see our Whales.
10. Do you have a guarantee to see the Manta Rays and Dolphins on the Dinner cruise? No, we are sorry, but we are not able to guarantee sightings at night. The local Spinner Dolphins return to the open sea at night to feed and it is less likely that we will see them during our dinner cruise. Although, we do often see Bottle Nose Dolphin at night while on our dinner cruise, we are not able to predicted these sightings with any certainty. The chance encounter is strictly up to mother nature. Manta Rays also feed at night and do have some predictability in that there are locations along the coast that the giant Manta Ray will return each night to feed providing there is enough plankton available for them. We are not able to predict the arrival of plankton therefore making it impossible to predict the arrival of the Manta Rays. However, we do keep records on our sightings for Manta Rays during our dinner cruises. We have established a percentage of occurence that we are very happy with. We have documented a 70% to 75% sighting rate on our dinner cruise throughout the year and even higher percentage (80%) during the fall/winter months.
11. What is your cancellation policy? We have a 48 hour cancellation policy on all of our tours. That means you can cancel your reservation without penalty up to 48 hours before your reservation date. Once inside the 48 hours prior to your tour, if you choose to cancel or change your reservation, you will still be responsible for payment in full.
12. Do you have restrooms on board your boats? Yes both boats are equipped with 2 marine toilets each. Only human waste can enter these toilets. Any paper products, feminine napkins or tampons must be deposited in the waste bin for disposal. If these items were to be placed in the marine toilets it could cause equipment failure rendering the toilet inoperable for the remainder of the tour.
13. Do you have life jackets on board? Yes all our vessels are USCG certified and have all the appropriate and required safety equipment available per USCG regulations.
14. Do you have an age restriction on any of your tours? Yes only on two tours. We have age restrictions only on the Evening on the Reef Glass Bottom Dinner Cruise and the Wet n’ Wild Sea Adventure. Your child must be at least 8 years old for the evening on the reef cruise and 5 years old for the Wet n’ Wild Sea Adventure tour. We do apologize that these restrictions are necessary but they are in place for your child’s safety.
15. Do you have discounts that I can take advantage of? Yes, we always have something new going on. You can take advantage of our discounts, coupons, web specials and hot deals by visiting those links on our website. You must book direct with Blue Sea Cruises to get the best deals.
16. Do I have to be a certified diver to go on your Wet n’ Wild Sea Adventure? No. Not if you plan to snorkel only. Certification is needed only for the scuba divers.
WOW!!! I've uploaded my photos and a comment (to my blog) which I hope will help keep you guys in business. Your cruise was probably one of the most fulfilling experiences of my life.
Cheers guys, Pranav